Image Map

Monday, June 25, 2012

Made By Me Mondays #8! Burlap Place-mats!

So last Monday, I showed you how to make this awesome Burlap Table Runner and today, I'm going to show you how to make the place-mats go along with them!

Here is the Table Runner:


So the tutorial for the table runner was a little bit extensive but the place mats are so ridiculously easy that they almost don't even need a tutorial which is awesome! I don't even have any pictures... I know thats bad but that just how easy it is! ** I'm going to add pictures after I get home today :) **

Supplies needed for this project:
  1. Burlap (I got mine here and I got it in the color "sage")
  2. Scissors
  3. Sewing Machine (optional)
Step 1:

cut your burlap into 14" x 20" sections. Try to get the cuts as straight as possible so that the fringe will be even when you pull out the strings.

Step 2:

After you have cut out 6 place-mats, pull out the side fringe so that you have about an inch of fringe all the way around your place-mat.

Step 3 (optional):

Use your sewing machine to sew around the edges and "seal" off the fringe so that it doesn't fray anymore  and your done!

Easy as that :) Thanks for stoppin' by!



 photo TheWellCraftedHome_zps26a4d5c3.png
****Just a reminder that Google Friend Connect is going to be discontinued!! If you would like to continue following my blog, you can do so by joining BlogLovin! {It's awesome!} You can click here to find my blog****

2 comments:

  1. More burlap to envy :). I can't wait to see the pictures. It sounds easy enough. I am sure your table looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love any thing with burlap! Wanted to let you know that I am giving you a Liebster Award! Check it out here! :) http://buttonsbirdsandbs.blogspot.com/2012/06/i-did-it.html

    Congrats! -Brittany

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for responding to my post! I would love to hear your feedback!