Image Map

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Water Project #1

Its pretty rare that I stop to think about how lucky I am to have the life that I do. I have a wonderful husband, the best dog ever, leisure time, access to the internet, this wonderful blog, extra spending money, and that is not even mentioning the essential things in life. I have a roof over my head (a warm one too, with a pretty interior), plenty of food to cook whatever I feel like eating, and clean water to take showers, wash the dishes, clean my clothes and drink.

Its amazing that I take most of these things for granted on a daily basis! I get wrapped up in my busy life and forget to be thankful for all these blessings. I think its time to give back!

A few years ago, my husband and I were introduced to this wonderful charity - Charity: Water.


One of the things that I love the most about this charity is that 100% of the money that is donated by the public goes to fund clean water projects! I think thats pretty amazing. Its not very often that you come across a charity that doesn't take a cut of your donation for themselves. 


On their website, they say that there are 800 Million people without clean water. So far, Charity: Water has been able to provide clean water to 2,700,000 people and that number is growing daily! I think that it is such a wonderful thing to be a part of! 


I have decided to start my own campaign here on The Well Crafted Home and I hope that you will at least take a look at it. My goal is to reach $1,000 on this campaign. When this one is over, I will start another!

Click here to head over to my campaign page and please share this with your friends and family! There are people out there who need our help so the more people we can get to see this, the better! Feel free to grab the button below to help spread the word!

The Well Crafted Home

 photo TheWellCraftedHome_zps26a4d5c3.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for responding to my post! I would love to hear your feedback!